Developing a Stable and Long-lived System on a Global Scale at METRO
IT Engineering & Architecture | Vortrag | 60 min | Englisch
The ‚Sales and More‘ team is developing a system for the internal sales force at METRO. As our system grew from a few users to a global scale and is still functionally evolving, our practices and architecture had to adapt to these changing requirements too. I want to share our learnings from and approaches to typical challenges we faced along the way.
Topics to be touched:
- Our approach to architecture and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Balancing features and technical improvements
- Viral application rollout
- Our development practices
- Communication between services
- Creating resilience for happy users
As Consultant, Developer and Tech Lead I’m supporting clients and teams with the delivery of scalable, mostly distributed systems on an enterprise scale.