Techcamp Hamburg is a friendly community where everyone should feel welcome, safe and comfortable to share ideas and engage in open discussions. It’s really important for us to provide a harassment-free experience for everyone at the conference inclusive of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality or religion.
All delegates, speakers, sponsors and staff are required to abide by our code of conduct in-person at our events, and online. Any violations will be dealt with seriously and may include being expelled and banned from events or online spaces without a refund. This is to protect the safety of our community.
What do we mean by “harassment”? Harassment includes but isn’t limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, religion or belief and so on
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Comments regarding any type of phobia
- Physical contact without consent or after a request to cease
- Threats or acts of violence or intimidation
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Sharing/displaying sexual or sexualised images
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviours
We prioritise the safety of marginalised people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. This means we reserve the right not to act on complaints (such as reverse-isms, including ‘reverse racism’, ‘reverse sexism’, criticising racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behaviour, etc.).
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to stop immediately.
Participants engaging in harassing behaviour may be asked to leave the event or online space and may be banned temporarily or indefinitely. If a ticket was purchased for an in-person or online event, we reserve the right not to issue a refund.
If harassment occurs outside an event or online space organised by Silpion IT-Solutions GmbH that may impact the safety of our community, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action, for instance banning from future events.
If you are being harassed or made to feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. You can help us by reporting any behaviour you think might go against the Code of Conduct no matter if it happened to you personally or you noticed it happened to a different person. If you feel uncomfortable you may also report to us anonymously.
- Email: Michael Pohlers: email@example.com
- Call/text: +49 (0) 1577 47 222 48
- In-person at events: speak to a staff member at the check-in counter.
All reports will be taken seriously. We will investigate all incidents with the reported person and take action in an appropriate and reasonable way. All reports will also be documented internally.
- Emergency services: 112
- Emergency police: 110
- Local hospital: Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
Our Code of Conduct was based on resources from Geek Feminism and the XOXO Community Code of Conduct.